AND THE STORY IS....

Ini cuma cerita, You may read it, You may not, yang pasti Aku cuma punya cerita

28 March 2007

‘KATE MOSS-sssss’

Scanning through Oxford dictionary:
[Kate Moss]
Not Found


Well it seems that I am looking through the wrong type of dictionary.Hehehe. I admit that it was quite stupid of me, thinking that I would find any definition of Kate Moss from an Oxford dictionary (just because she’s English…so I beg you pardon). Instead, I might try “Fashion Big Dictionary” a.k.a FASHION MAGAZINES (hei..for some people -especially fashion fetish, it is considered dictionary even as a bible too! So don’t “But” me!).

Scanning through Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, Cleo and some gossip tabloids :p (well, it is called research!)
[Kate Moss]
Pick subject headings:
Kate’s Fashion
Kate’s Lifestyle
Kate’s Love Life
Kate’s Diet Menu
Kate’s (latest) Topshop collection
Bla..
Bla…
Bla…


There you go, without even having to put too much effort, you would find plenty of ‘Kate Moss’ – from ‘fashion definition’ to the latest scandal for at least 2 pages on every magazines and tabloids. And to be honest I am not so surprised, since she has been in almost 300 magazines cover (and I do think she is not planning to stop yet).




Most people know Kate Moss as today’s hot fashion guru*slash*most wanted headlines*slash*stylist and sexiest mum*slash*rock and roll lifestyle (please bear the fact that this includes the not-so-exist- but-he-is-anyway - Pete Doherty). It seems like girls around the globe (I am just assuming, since I haven’t really meet those girls :p) worship and want to be just like Kate Moss. She started the whole-skinny jeans and ballet flats thing (which I don’t mind the ballet flats, they’re cute! but Omigod those skinny jeans are hard work!), then followed by leather jacket and ankle boots and many more…To make things even bizarre, most girls around the world gone crazy and copy her on the next morning! Now, with the fact that she will be designing a new collection for Topshop, I just can imagine how CRAZEY the opening edition would be (screaming girls “you biatch I saw it first!” –yeah I know, we girls can be extremely absurd). I read a newspaper article on this latest Kate Moss-Fashion-Conquer-Hit, the collection will be available on May 1st (not yet world wide though). But those who are dying to know can get a peek of the fashion range on UK Vogue April Edition (gila mau ngintip aja bisa sampe berasa mau mati…).

What makes her so interesting though? Is it because whatever she wears, it looks too damn GOOD? Is it because she was claimed to be the anti-supermodel icon in the 1990s (so long Cindy Crawford!)? Is it because of her way too cool attitude, even when the whole world busted her cocaine scandal, she still can do the I- ‘aint- nobody’s-shit-cat walking? I did mention that I am not surprised about her fame (i think she does have that great talent in making a fashion trend,though I still don’t get it why is she still sticking around with that Pete dude). I still wonder…why so many girls are becoming “Kate Moss-ssss” (a word I use to describe that there are too many Kate Moss around). I do think it is not only about her fashion taste or personality (although it begins to annoy me when people wear ankle boots and they even cant walk in it, damn they should get a walking stick instead!). I suppose people on every generation need to have an icon, someone to look up to (because some of us simply have no clue about what is a wardrobe-malfunction). For instance, Audrey Hepburn or Twiggy was a fashion icon (though nowadays people seem to go back to the old days for fashion reference…geez, talk about some identity crisis). Maybe some girls and women now are looking up to Kate Moss (or some want to be her twins instead :p).

Whatever the reason is, I could not care less. However, I think the term “don’t worry, just be yourself” in fashion department is almost fading away or simply full of shit (oh c’mon am I being too cynical?). Nope, just look around you…there are “Kate Moss-ssss” all over the place…which one are the “yourself” you? Let it be then, it is better looking at my mum’s not-so-fashionable- taste. It is too simple yet it kinda ease my eyes..(muach muach luv u Bu!)


Year 2025
Scanning through Oxford dictionary 80th edition
[Kate Moss]
Not Fou….oh wait…
FASHION [extreme] ICON

It could be possible..

-rie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home